Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy 4th!

 My 4th was pretty quiet.  We went to the breakfast the ward put on and I was on an exchange in Colleyville which is a really wealthy part.  Besides that we worked and did what we could to talk to people.  I do my best to write everyone back.  I figure they take time to write me and tell me what's going on so the least I can do is respond to them.  
 
We got transfer calls today and Elder Kaelin and I will be staying in Grapevine for another 6 weeks!  This is very good news.  We have a baptism in a couple weeks and a few people that are very close to getting baptized so I’m very excited to be able to stay and help them out.  We have also been teaching a lady over the phone for the past couple weeks now.  It's a little different having lessons over the phone but I know it has been helping her out.  She lost her husband over a year ago and is really depressed and doesn't do much.  We have been able to talk to her about the plan of salvation and being sealed in the temple.  It has been awesome to testify to her of those things and see her have hope and a new purpose in her life.  She has also come to church the past couple weeks and is doing a ton better.  It's crazy to think that me being only 19 would be able to help out and older lady get over huge struggles and barriers life has.  I have obviously had help though from Heavenly Father and being set apart to teach and testify has been a huge blessing in my life and the life of others.  I love the Gospel and know it is true. I know families can be together forever through the Priesthood and Authority from God.  This plan gives so much comfort and purpose in this life.  I’m grateful I can be on my mission and for all the help and support I have gotten.
 
Love Elder Visser

  Friend from Trophy Club

Whitter Sign

No comments:

Post a Comment