Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Thoughts

Easter week was really awesome and just like conference I have never really appreciated it as much as I have since being on my mission. I spent the whole Easter week reading about his life death and resurrection every morning for my personal studies. We were really excited for church because they were doing musical numbers and it was going to be really special. We also figured we could get a lot of people to come to church as well because even lazy Catholics make it on Easter. We didn't have any investigators show up which was heartbreaking and some would even say unsuccessful. I felt very unsuccessful at first until I started to look for the things to be grateful for. We had a less active show up who hasn't been to church for ten plus years and when he left said you will definitely be seeing more of me here. We also had someone who you might call an investigator come. She has been taught in the past but here dad doesn't allow the missionaries to teach her or come to church. She would be baptized already, she's just basically waiting to turn 18. The fact that she was there at church though was pretty awesome and that was the first time she has ever been and the first time her dad allowed her to go. Even though it may not have seemed like we had that much success there were still miracles that happened. If you take the time you can always find something good from every situation. You don't always measure success off of numbers but off whether you are being obedient and doing all you can. I’ll being emailing home on Tuesday next week because were going to the temple which will be really exciting.

Love Elder Visser


No comments:

Post a Comment