Monday, April 14, 2014

What is our "load" we carry?

This week has been pretty crazy but good crazy.  To start off we had "transfer doctrine" where we find out if we stay or go and both me and my companion will be staying in Trophy Club for another 6 weeks! I’m very happy and excited because we have been making a ton of progress and I know with another 6 weeks we will be able to make a lot of good things happen.  I also went on two exchanges this week and was able to spend time in the district leaders area then a few days later was able to lead my area with the zone leader.  I'm still not a big fan of exchanges but I always learn so much when I go on them.  One cool experience we had was with a man who has had 3 baptismal interviews and passed them but just got drunk right after them.  We have been going by him recently to just let him know we still love him and want to help him.  Just this last week he thought he had a seizure from drinking too much and promised to never drink again.  We sat down and had  a lesson with him and we were able to set a new baptismal date with him.  Like the load of wood on the truck from conference, this was his load.  It took him until then to realize everything.  Sometimes the loads we are given are hard but we can always learn something from them.  I know with another 6 weeks we will be able to do a lot of great things!

Love Elder Visser




No comments:

Post a Comment