Monday, October 13, 2014

Pause, Rewind, Play

Congratulations on the wedding anniversary! (Mom & Dad)  33 years is a long time but compared to eternity I guess its not very long at all.  

This week was a pretty normal week.  We had 4 confirmations in church yesterday which was really awesome.  One thing I love about being here is how strong new converts are.  We had lunch the other day with a family that got baptized my first week here and it was really cool.  They also treat missionaries really well and every almoço (direct translation for Google is Restaurant) we have is basically a feast.
 
Real quick I want to talk about an investigator I had in Texas.  I think I might have talked about her months ago but anyways her husband passed away and she was going through a really rough time.  Every good person she knew in her life was a Mormon and a former Bishop conducted her husband’s funeral.  Anyways we taught her for a couple months and she would go through ups and downs.  Our lessons consisted of her crying the whole time usually and I spent a lot of hours doing lessons over the phone.  It was amazing to hear that she was baptized a couple weeks ago.  I know that my companion and his new companion did a lot but it was cool to see how much this gospel changed her life from being depressed as you can be to being happy and having hope again.  Sadly I dont have pictures but I hope that story made sense.
 
We went bowling last p-day which was awesome and the other is just a cool view.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment