Monday, May 11, 2015

The peace I feel in the temple.

I am grateful for the chance we had to talk last night.  Even though it was a little annoying with the Skype problems, it was still good to see you and to be able to talk a little.  Its hard not to think about home after a phone call with your parents but I am ready to get to work and do what I need to do.

We had the chance to go to the temple this last week which was amazing.  It was my first time that I went to the Sao Paulo Temple.  It was a good chance to relax a little and to feel the spirit and peacefulness in the temple.  The last time we went was about 6 months ago which felt like eternity.  I will be going to the temple as often as possible when I have the chance.  The temple is a huge blessing in our lives.  Honestly without the temple we would not be able to return to live with our families and we would not make it to the Celestial Kingdom.  I can baptize a lot of people on my mission but if they do not stay firm in the church and make it to the temple then I did not do my job.  I want to be able to see the people I have helped out in Heaven after this life.  I am doing all I can to help them look towards the temple.  My Mission President in Texas always said we stand in the waters of baptism but we look towards the temple.  Thanks for all the love and support.

Love Elder Visser


No comments:

Post a Comment