Monday, October 12, 2015

Another week has flown by

Another week has flown by here.  This week was a hot one with a ton of walking.  When Sunday came around it seemed like everyone we invited did not show up but I was extremley happy to see a couple less active families show up and a recent convert invited his brother who after a few months of inviting finally showed up.  I was happy with the results and know that the Lord is happy with our work as well.  We also had an activity this last Saturday.  In our ward we did 40 day fast to help out the missionary work here and to end the 40 days we had an activity here.  We watched the movie Joseph Smith the prophet of the restoration and we made popcorn.  We planned to start at 7 but at 7 oclock no one showed up.  I was pretty sad but after about half an hour a group of people ended up showing up which made it all worth it.  I love being on my mission and being able to help out other.  It is interesting how much confidence people have in two kids who are 20 years old.  I’m grateful for the time I have and for everything I have learned.  I know this next week will be even better and we have the chance to have interviews with the mission president which are always great experiences.  Thanks for all the love and support.
Love Elder Visser

No comments:

Post a Comment