Monday, October 19, 2015

Just a few thoughts to share

I always get emails from my friends in the mission and it surprises me how much they write every week.  I’m not too good at writing and talking but I’m a pro at sitting and listening to someone talk.  My emails may not be long but I hope you can understand what I’m trying to get across.
This week we had the chance to have interviews with our mission president.  We have personal interviews with him once every 3 months or so.  President Silcox is my fourth mission president.  He has a lot of love for the missionaries here and you can feel that everytime you talk with him.  He talked about how satan and his angels are watching our every move.  They watch and wait until they find that chink in our armor.  A lot of times we fall but whats important is whether or not we get back up and try again even harder.  Every Sunday we have the blessing of taking the sacrament.  Every Sunday we can be completley clean of our sins.  The message the Savior brings is of peace and hope.  As a missionary we see a lot of people with a lot of problems, we even see a lot of members or less actives.  Whats important though is that we do our best and put the Lord in first place and in the end we will be happy.  Serving a mission is a privilege and a blessing.  Thanks for all the love and support.
Love Elder Visser



No comments:

Post a Comment