Monday, February 3, 2014

Thanks for the email I always appreciate them.  Im glad to hear my Sunday school teachers are doing well.  They really are awesome and very humble, I miss being in their class every Sunday.  I would enjoy being able to get a hamburger or a package with snacks, its always nice to have things to snack on. I dont know which address you have but just in case its 16 Greenleaf Dr., Fort Worth TX, 76262.  That is Sister Sperry’s address where we live.  I got Melisa and Johns letter and was  very happy to get it.  I’m going to try and do my best to write a couple letters today.  P-day is the only day we have to write letters.
As for the week in missionary work it has been going really well.  We lost Elder Mayer, he got transferred to somewhere else in Fort Worth.  So its just me and Elder Griggs now.  It kinda stinks but will be good for me when it comes to teaching.  We also teach several single ladies so when we were in a trio it was very easy to teach them but now we are required to get a Priest or someone else to go on splits with us.  On Friday I went on my first exchange which I was pretty nervous about but it went really well.  I went to a biking part so I was able to ride a bike the whole day and lucky it was pretty nice out that day.  It was very tiring and by the end of the day I was very worn out.  We didn’t have that much success to be honest but none the less we put forth effort and were working hard.  There will be some days like that but I know not to let it get me discouraged.  We are teaching several people and they will always let us in and love to talk.  We are teaching an older lady named rosie who almost never leaves her house.  We have been teaching her for a while and she knows the truth it is just a matter of getting baptized now.  We also visit a less active named Crow who reminds me a lot like Andrew White which is funny but I find it really easy to talk to him and we got him to come to church on Sunday which is awesome.
It has been very cold the past couple of days with warnings of snow and ice storms.  With the wind it gets bitter cold and really painful.  I’m thankful to have a car thats for sure.  Things are going really well here though and we get fed a good amount of the time for dinner.  Did you get a text message from Sister Weaver last Monday?  Thats the bishops wife and we go over there every monday for dinner.  I forgot to bring my camera and will have to send pictures next week.  I haven’t been taking that many but will try to take more.
Hopefully I got to say everything I wanted to and I’ll be looking forward to your letters. I’ll be keeping up the hard work!
Love Elder Visser

No comments:

Post a Comment