Monday, February 24, 2014

Another exchange

Hey so were back on schedule with emailing and everything.  Some things I forgot to tell you last week was we went golfing for P-day which was extremely fun.  Two priests who work at the course got us on for free and it was about 75 degrees perfect for that.  Me and elder Grigg didn’t do to bad but the priests were pretty horrible but it was still really fun.  We also had stake conference a couple weeks ago and they split the stake which was a big deal.
As for this week it went really well.  I was able to go on another exchange since my companion is district leader.  This time I stayed in the area so I was in control of everything and I was pretty nervous at first but everything went good and we had a really successful day.  One lesson in particular that stood out was when we taught a guy named David.  He lives in the trailer park homes and doesnt have much when it comes to worldly things but he is very humble and is grateful for the things he does have.  We taught him the first lesson and invited him to be baptized and he said yes and  was very excited.  He came to church this Sunday and enjoy every part of it.  He told us it was like he found the missing puzzle piece in his life.  That was my first investigator that showed up and it was a really awesome experience.  We are going to continue to teach him and prepare him for the baptism and its really exciting.  We have to help him overcome some addictions which will be tough but I know he will be able to do it.  I know Jesus lives and knows all of our trials and what were going through.  It has been amazing to help people understand the Atonement and see it change peoples lives.  I love serving the people in Fort Worth Texas and being on my mission.
Thanks for all your support and love
Love Elder Visser

No comments:

Post a Comment