Monday, March 3, 2014

What's with the weather!

Texas weather is crazy!  Saturday it got all the way up to 87 then on Sunday it dropped to the low 20's and we had a small ice storm but it was big enough for the Bishop to cancel the last two hours of church which was really weird.  We also taught a less active family on Sunday who used to live in Plainfield!  They used to live off of Van Dyke street so pretty  close, its crazy how stuff like that happens.
This week has been crazy and it's been transfer week and we were pretty certain that we would both be staying to finish my 12 week training.  We got the call today and my trainer Elder Griggs is leaving to go to Waco and I’ll be staying in Trophy Club for at least the next 6 weeks. It was a huge shock and I don’t know how I feel about it right now.  I’m a little nervous not going to lie since I’ll lead the area for a little while until my new companion gets to know the streets and all of our investigators.  I do know that our mission President prayed about this and it was revelation and for a reason.  At first I was a little angry but I know that there is a very specific reason why. We also went on exchanges again and I stayed in the area.  We had a really successful day and at night we stopped by the Jones's to see how Pat was doing and talk with them.  He is still in the hospital and is doing a little bit better.  We were able to share some scriptures and talk a lot about the gospel.  There was a lady there who was helping out the wife and we were able to teach her a little and share our testimonies with them.  It was a great experience to be with them and help those who stand in need of comfort.
I have been out for 6 weeks in Texas and time flies when you are working hard and being obedient.  Thanks for all the support and I’ll keep you updated on my life as best as I can.
Love Elder Visser

No comments:

Post a Comment