Tuesday, February 11, 2014

This week has been good and the time is flying by.....

I got your letters and appreciate them. Im going to try and answer your questions before I get into my week.  I’m pretty sure Aaron shoveled the drive way I asked him to look out and help out so I’m pretty sure it was him.  I haven’t cooked anything big yet, we don’t have dinners every night but I’ll just make Raman noodles or a bagel or a PB and J sandwich.  I’ve wore my short sleeve shirts but usually under my sweater which I’m grateful I brought because it gets pretty cold some day.  Thats crazy to hear about that Clarks but really cool and exciting.  Trophy Club is really wealthy and look up Southlake which is even wealthier.  We also have Marshall Creek which is trailer parks and thats where most of our investigators are.  Also Glen Beck lives not even twenty minutes away which is pretty cool.  We got a brand new 2014 Corolla which is really nice and a huge blessing when it gets cold.
This week has been really good and the time has been flying by.  Its harder to teach some investigators because they are single ladies and were not in a trio anymore.  The Ward has been really good and coming out with us though and thats been a huge blessing.  We were able to hand out several Books of Mormon this week and one day it was really nice out and were able to teach several lessons just at the door.  We planned to help this older gentleman and lady paint this week and they were going to feed us and we were going to teach them a lesson and I was super excited for that.  When the day came we walked over there and no one was home and it was really disappointing.  We went back a day later to find out Pat Jones the guy had a pretty bad stroke.  It was sad and made me physically sad.  They were so interested in hearing the gospel and it hurt me to hear what happened.  We have not been able to go see him but I’m eager to see how he is doing.  We have been teaching a less active member who says he has come a long ways since we have been visiting with him.  It isn’t always about baptisms I’ve learned and if we can help this man change his life and go to the temple one day it will be just as good.  As for Sunday we had a lot of people promise to come to church and we were really excited but not a single person came.  I was a little disappointed and frustrated at the time.  Then I remember that we did everything we could and not to get sad about things that aren't in our control.  As long as we work our hardest and do our part the Lord will do the rest.  Ive come to love so many people here and I’m doing my best and working hard.  Thanks for all of your prayers and support!
Love Elder Visser


No comments:

Post a Comment