Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Winds of Missionary Change

Ok so the past couple weeks have been really crazy with the temple and then memorial day but I feel like they have been some of the best days of my mission.  I guess first things first.  I will be serving in the Grapevine area on a bike and my companions name is Elder Kaelin.   Im only moving about 15 minutes away which is pretty crazy and I’ve actually already been there on an exchange before the Stake split.  I’ll be going where Elder Chain from Chicago was just serving at so it's pretty sweet.  I’m not looking forward to riding a bike especially in the heat but I got a camel back so hopefully that will help out a lot.  We have also seen some pretty cool miracles here in the last couple weeks.  We set a date with an investigator who is totally golden.  She doesn't have any problems, she called us to teach her, and she even suggested getting work off on Sundays so she will be able to come every week.  Shes got the coolest boys too, one of them totally reminds me of the little kid from the movie up.  We also found of family of four where the dad used to go to the LDS church all the time and wanted us to teach his kids and give them the chance to accept it or not.  They came to church and stayed for all three hours and loved it.  For memorial day we had a bbq and the kids swam at the ward mission leaders home and the family of four and the lady with a date set all came and hung out it was perfect.  It's a real bummer that I’ll be leaving but I should be close enough to where I can come back for the baptism so that is at least a positive.  I’ve been super spoiled here in Trophy Club so tomorrow when I’m in my new area it will most likely be a total shock.  Im excited though and ready to work hard.
Love Elder Visser

My Address is 2300 Grayson Dr. #415 Grapevine TX 76051



No comments:

Post a Comment