Monday, June 2, 2014

Grapevine update

So Grapevine is a pretty cool area and the ward is really awesome too.  I totally thought I was in a bike area but at transfers we got a call telling us we got the car back so we are now in a car but we will still have to bike to try and save miles.  Living in an apartment is really different.  The only down side of it is that we don’t have a washer or dryer so we have to pay for every load.  Besides that though I haven’t found anything to complain about.  I miss living with sister sperry.  She took really really good care of us and she spoiled us like crazy.  We have some really good investigators here and a couple with baptismal dates set.  I’m still trying to get settled in with learning all the streets and everyone that we are teaching.  I’ve come to learn I’m pretty horrible at remembering peoples names.  One cool experience I had this week though was when we were teaching a guy whos family back in Oregon are all members, and he just recently got out of jail for breaking probation.  We taught him the plan of salvation and at the end I went to bear my testimony and he cuts me off and says I just want to let you know I know this church is true and that everything you are teaching me is true too.  That was really awesome and the spirit was super strong.  Oh we are also getting two Elders to room with us for ten days since the members they live with are having family over so that should be really fun.  There will be four Elders in a tiny one bedroom apartment.  I’m still trying to figure everything out and these computers are way different so next week I’ll take some pictures and send them.
Love Elder Visser

No comments:

Post a Comment