Tuesday, August 19, 2014

MTC update

The first week has been pretty awesome!  We are cramming in 6 weeks of language training into 2 so we have been teaching a ton but its good.  I like this MTC a lot better its smaller and the food is better and were forced to speak the language and I’ve seen a big improvement.  The language is still super hard but I understand it’s just going to take time.  If I put in the work and do my best then it will come. The food is actually pretty good, they always have the main dish then, rice and beans at every meal.  Today is our p-day so we get to go walk around the city and shop which I’m really excited for.  The hardest day was when our teacher took us on a bus to down town and we each had a couple copies of the Book of Mormon and we had an hour to talk to people and pass them out.  I was so nervous but when it was all said and done it wasn’t bad at all.  The people are really open to talking and willing to hear what you have to say.  We also had a chance to go the Campinas Temple today which was a sweet experience. We have some cool Brazilian roommates too. There’s a Brazilian here that only knows one phrase in english and its `` pull my finger`` I thought that was really funny and that you might enjoy it.  Its really weird to be back at the MTC and do all this again but I’m glad I have the chance to come here.  Its been a testimony builder for me because the Lord knew exactly what I needed to do and in what order.  Going to Provo and Texas seriously prepared me for Brazil.  My faith and trust in Heavenly father has grown and has really helped me out.
 
Love Elder Visser


Campinas Brazil Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment