Monday, August 11, 2014

Round 2 . . . I have been waiting 8 months for this phone call!

Shoot this week was definitely one to remember.  Elder Kaelin and I had the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting.  I gave my talk on what we sow is what we reap.  I shared the experience you had with Rose and home teaching her for 16 years or however long it was.  It was a great experience and I was nervous but the spirit was with me to make up for my mistakes.  We also had a mission President's fireside last night and we went with our recent converts.  They have recent converts bare their testimony then President Ames speaks and the spirit is always super strong.  Afterwards I was able to see Marcia Sperry who I used to live with in Trophy Club and also my trainer Elder Grigg who I haven't seen since he left the area.  I was also able to see my MTC companion and Elder Shorewood it was so awesome to see them all.


We were riding our bikes and I got a call from the mission office telling me I got my Visa.  She told me I would be leaving the 21st which made sense because it is only a day after transfers.  Then about an hour later I got another call telling me she got more info and that I am leaving Tuesday as in tomorrow.  The phone call that I have been waiting for about 8 months finally came and I’ll be starting my journey to Brazil.  I fly out tomorrow and my plane leaves at 7:45 but I have to be there at 5 in the evening.  I’m going to be spending 2 weeks in the Sao Paulo MTC and receiving intense language training.  It's crazy to be thinking in not to long I’ll be in a whole different country.


Am I excited? extremely!  I understand that this is going to be the most difficult thing that I’ve probably ever done.  A lot of people asked me how I feel and at first I said really nervous or afraid but then I took a minute to think about that.  If there was one thing I’ve learned is to have faith in God. It's going to be hard but at the same time I am going to have help and with God I won't be able to fail.  There is no doubt that I came to Texas for a reason.  The people I’ve met and the things I’ve learned I wouldn't change it if I had the option.  God has a plan and purpose for us and sometimes things don't make sense but there is a reason for it and there is no such thing as a coincidence.  Please keep me in your prayers I’ll need all the prayers I can get and I know they work and God hears us and helps us.

Love Elder Visser



No comments:

Post a Comment