Monday, December 22, 2014

New Area, New Companion

This week has been great.  I’m in a new area and am currently serving in a branch.  We meet in a house that has been turned into a chapel and there was only about 25 people there for sacrament meeting.  I got asked to give a short little talk about ten minutes before the meeting but it was easy for the most part.  I shared a scripture and my testimony and was good to go.  This area is a ton different from my last and will take some getting used to.  I have a brazillian companion, Elder Lopes Da Silva, and I’m really excited and know my portuguese will get a lot better.  I feel different here.  I’m really excited and ready to make a difference.  The work here has been known to be hard but thats somthing that were going to change.  I have fire in my bones and I’m ready to go.  The reason I’m emailing today is because we had a Christmas conference yesterday.  We have been sharing small cards that says ele e o presente (he is the present).  This is something we need to remember during christmas.  Its about our Savior.  Without him we don’t have a purpose in this life.  My testimony has grown so much on my mission and I have a true love for Jesus Christ.  I’m excited to talk with you all on Christmas and I hope you all enjoy it together.
 
 
Love Elder Visser
 
The first is of me and my companion at a branch party that we had and the other is a picture I took from our apartment.


No comments:

Post a Comment