Monday, December 8, 2014

Hitting the Year Mark!!!

Yeah next week I’ll hit the year mark.  Its a pretty strange feeling because its already been a year but at the same time I still have a year.  I’m excited that I have one more year to better my Portuguese and to help other people.  Two years really isn’t a long time and its a time when you serve other people 100%  and thats why missionaries are so happy.  Two years that you get to serve others and the Lord thats why its called the best two years.  We had an awesome week.  On Thursday we had a baptism.  We have been teaching him for a good amount of time but he is not 18 and his dads in prison so it was hard for him to get his dads authorization.  Out of no where he got it so the next day we had a baptismal service and it was great.  His cousin who is a recent convert baptized him too which is even cooler.  Then on Sunday we had stake conference and we brought 18 investigators to attend.  We were running around all morning finding rides and waking people up but it all turned out great.  Then after stake conference we had another baptism of a mom and her two children.  We helped them get married and finally baptized.  I’m so blessed to be in the area where I’m serving.  We have been able to help so many people and it has really been amazing.  Being on a mission I’ve felt true happiness and its the best.  Thanks for all the support and love.
 
Love Elder Visser

No comments:

Post a Comment