Monday, June 22, 2015

We can learn from all the experiences we have

This week was really interesting for us.  My companion ended up getting sick and the presidents wife told us to stay in until he gets better.  This was dificult for me and I did not enjoy it one bit.  We were able to leave only a couple days this week but even that was hard for him because of all the hills that are in our area.  He asked me Elder why am I sick when I’m doing the Lords work and keeping the comandments?  I told him I don’t know but the one thing I do know is that there is always somthing to learn from every experience we have whether it is a good one or bad one.  If we make a mistake and sin clearly its not a good thing but we can do one of two things.  We can be sad and do nothing or we can learn from our mistake repent and do better.  I also had the chance to give a little talk this Sunday.  I got a call early Sunday morning asking if I could give a talk and I accecpted.  I talked about the Lords timing and plan for us.  Sometimes its very different than what we want and what we are expecting.  I told the story about the canoe trip I went on and how we wanted to leave before the group of girls because they took forever and slowed us down.  We planned everything even got up earlier the next day but for whatever reason we let them go in front of us.  About 2 hours later we found them trapped on the side because their canoes tipped along with all their food and equipment.  It was in the Lords plan that we did not leave before them even when we wanted to really bad.  Who knows if anyone else would have have passed by them that day to help out and probably they would have been stuck for days.  I know that a lot of time we want things to go our way and we want answers fast but we need to remember the will of God is different.  Thanks for the love and support.
 
Love Elder Visser

No comments:

Post a Comment