Monday, June 1, 2015

When we ask for help from the Lord everything turns out right in the end

The transition with a new companion is always interesting.  The first week is a little strange because you don’t know too much about him or how he teaches.  Personally I’m not a big fan of transfers and I always get super nervous.  At the same time though transfers are done by revelation from our mission president and it’s always a good chance to learn and grow.  That being said the first week was a good one, I won’t lie it had its challenges but there is always something to learn.  My companion is excited to be here and ready to work.  He likes to work hard and get things done so for me I’m happy and ready to do what needs to be done this transfer.
 
We have been helping a kid named Lucas prepare for baptism for about 2 months now and he is super special and really prepared.  We planned for two Sundays ago but something happened and we had to push it to last Saturday.  When Saturday got here we went to go get him and his family and he came to the door all sad and said he wants to wait a little longer to be baptized.  We stayed and talked with him while everyone was waiting at the church and it turns out that his sister in law was telling him lies that put doubts in is mind.  At the end he asked if he could be baptized on Sunday so we marked it for Sunday.  Sunday morning we went to go get him and no one answered the door, we called and did everything but nothing.  So what I learned is that Satan really knows out weaknesses,  He knew Lucas´s weakness and mine as well.  I also learned that we need to understand God´s timing.  I was super sad about this but after thinking about it I believe he will still be baptized, it might take a little longer but that's alright.  We need to do whats right and then let the Lord handle the rest.  Sorry about the really long story but that's what I learned this week.  We are given challenges to learn and grow, and even to test our faith sometimes.  When we ask for help from the Lord everything turns out right in the end.
 
Love Elder Visser

No comments:

Post a Comment