Monday, September 15, 2014

Patience and Fatih

My companion is the only member in his family and has been a member for about 6 years.  You find that a lot here in Brasil there are a lot of recent converts of not too long and a lot of people are the only members in there family but I have a lot of respect for those people.  I think he lives about 10 hours away from here if you take a bus but only a couple hours by plane.  The language is not coming as quick as I would like but it is improving non the less.  I get to give a talk next Sunday in sacrament so that should be really interesting.  We had stake conference this last Sunday and it was really cool.  I may not have understood everything but I felt the spirit and thats whats important. I wont lie some days are better than others here and Seth Malley would always say you experience your highest highs and your lowest lows on your mission.  Its just a matter of time and practice though and I’m looking forward to the day when I’m fluent and able to speak my mind.  I got an email from my last companion saying that one of our investigators that I had the chance to teach will be getting baptized this Saturday. I know the Lord is aware of us and Loves us.  Thanks for the support and love
 
Love Elder Visser
 
This is a picture of açai and its pretty amazing its a fruit that grows in Brasil and its in ice cream form


No comments:

Post a Comment