Monday, September 29, 2014

In a new area

I want to start off with a Happy Birthday to you mom and I hope the day goes really well for you!  If there's anything you want from Brasil let me know and I’ll get it to you in a little more than a year.  My new companion Elder Lamb is from Independence Missouri and is a huge baseball fan.  We had the chance to play catch today and that was very fun. 

As for my new area I really love it.  I live in a house with another set of missionaries.  I’m in a ward that is actually really big and the chapel here is really nice.  I’m more in the interior of the country but there is still a lot of people.  I also was asked to bare my testimony on Sunday but it went smoothly and wasn't very hard.  Conference next Sunday will be in Portuguese so I have one week to receive the gift of interpretations.  Honestly though I feel like I’m learning a lot faster and understanding a lot more.  I’m still very far from fluent but I’m happy here and really like my companion.  We share the ward with two other sets of missionaries; the zone leaders and a set of sisters and we do things a little different.  Everyday we trade areas so we all share investigators and baptism.  At first it was strange but I really like it and it works.  We also had a baptism Sunday which was awesome!  Originally just the mom was going to be baptized then we had a lesson and got their 8 year old son to commit and then the Sisters got the husband to commit a day before so it was really awesome to see the whole family get baptized.  Things are going really well here.  Thanks for all the love and support!
Love Elder Visser
 

No comments:

Post a Comment